Annual Shareholders’ Meeting of May 10, 2007 - Confirmation of Nexans’ first semester outlook; possible improvement of medium-term objectives under consideration
Paris, May 10, 2007 – The Annual Shareholders' Meeting of Nexans, presided by Gérard Hauser, Chairman and CEO, will take place on May 10, 2007, at 4.30 pm in Paris.
Nexans will confirm its outlook for the first semester during the Annual Shareholders' Meeting:
- Sales are expected to show organic growth similar to that recorded in the first quarter of 2007:
+ 15% for its cable businesses, excluding electrical wires,
+ 6% for its business globally inclusive of the electrical wires business as a result of the reduction initiated by the Group in that business.
- The Group’s operating margin* should exceed 7% in the first half of 2007. This significant increase (compared with 4.8% at June 30, 2006) results from growth in fundamentally solid markets such as infrastructure for energy networks and industrial activities (oil & gas, transportation), coupled with a strong demand on the building market which has continued at the same pace as in the second half of 2006.
- Net financial debt at June 30, 2007, should remain stable compared to that recorded at December 31, 2006 (633 million euros), based on the copper price at March 31, 2007.
Nexans takes the opportunity of this Annual Shareholders' Meeting to indicate a possible improvement in its medium-term financial objectives in the case of a confirmation of the perspective of continuity of current market conditions, especially in the building market which is the most sensitive to short term cycles. Any such improvement would be communicated when Nexans publishes its accounts for 2007.
* A management indicator used by the Group to measure its operational performance. It is calculated at constant non-ferrous metals prices.
- May 15, 2007: Payment of dividend
- June 7, 2007: Individual shareholders’ information meeting in Clermont-Ferrand*
- June 19, 2007: Individual shareholders’ information meeting in Lille*
- July 25, 2007: Publication of 2007 first-half sales and results
* provisional dates
I Vostri Contatti
Nexans in breve
Ponendo l’energia al centro del suo sviluppo, Nexans, leader mondiale dell’industria dei cavi, propone un’ampia gamma di cavi (rame, fibra ottica e alluminio) e di soluzioni per il cablaggio. Il Gruppo basa la sua strategia sui settori delle infrastrutture d’energia, dell’industria e delle costruzioni. Sviluppa soluzioni per il settore delle costruzioni navali, del petrolchimico e del nucleare, dell’automobile, degli equipaggiamenti ferroviari, dell’elettronica, dell’aeronautica, della movimentazione e dell’automazione, e propone un’offerta dedicata alle reti di telecomunicazione pubbliche e private. Con una presenza industriale in oltre 30 Paesi ed attività commerciali in tutto il mondo, Nexans può contare su 21.000 collaboratori e su un fatturato, nel 2006, di 7,5 miliardi di euro. Nexans è quotata alla Borsa di Parigi, compartimento A dell’Eurolist di Euronext. Maggiori informazioni su: http://www.nexans.com