Nomination of François de Combret as member of Nexans Board of Directors
Paris, May 18, 2006 - The Annual Shareholders' Meeting of Nexans, held on May 15, 2006, and presided by Gérard Hauser, Chairman and CEO, approved the nomination of François de Combret as a new member of the Board of Directors of Nexans.
François de Combret, age 64, is senior advisor to UBS Bank. He is a board member of Renault, Safran and Bouygues Telecom and chairman of the board of Musée Rodin.
After graduating from ENA, François de Combret started his career as auditor at the "Cour des Comptes", the French State Audit Office.
He then worked as advisor for Economic and Industrial affairs to Valéry Giscard d'Estaing, first at the Ministry of Finances (1971-1974) and then at the Elysée Palace (1974-78), when Valéry Giscard d'Estaing was elected President of the State. François de Combret was then named Deputy Head of Staff of the President.
After being hired by Banque Lazard in 1982, François de Combret spent three years in New York before being appointed managing partner of the bank in Paris in 1985, a function that he held for twenty years before joining UBS on January 1st, 2006.
Nexans' Board of Directors is now composed of 11 members:
- Gérard Hauser, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Nexans
- Gianpaolo Caccini, Chairman of Assovetro, Association of Italian Glass Manufacturers
- Georges Chodron de Courcel, Chief Operating Officer of BNP Paribas, Member of the BNP Paribas Executive Committee
- Jacques Garaïalde, Managing Director of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co Ltd
- Patrick Puy, Managing Director of Alvarez & Marsal France
- Ervin Rosenberg, Advisor to the President of Compagnie Financière Edmond de Rothschild Banque
- Jean-Louis Vinciguerra, Financial Advisor to Aga Khan Fund for Ecnomic Development
- Jean-Marie Chevalier, Professor of Economics at the University of Paris IX-Dauphine
- Colette Lewiner, Vice President, Global Leader Energy, Utilities & Chemicals and Global Marketing Leader de Cap Gemini
- Yves Lyon-Caen, Chief Executive Officer of Béri 21 (holding company of Bénéteau S.A.)
- François de Combret, Senior Advisor to the UBS bank
I Vostri Contatti
Nexans in breve
Nexans e' leader nell'industria dei cavi. Il Gruppo propone una vasta gamma di soluzioni avanzate inerenti cavi in rame o in fibra ottica per il mercato dell'industria, delle costruzioni civili e per le infrastrutture. I cavi e i sistemi Nexans sono in ogni luogo, in reti di telecomunicazione e di energia, nel settore sanitario, automobilistico, ferroviario, edile, aeronautico, etc. Nexans, con la sua presenza industriale in 29 paesi e con le sue attivita' commerciali, impiega oltre 20.000 persone, con una cifra d'affari di 5,4 miliardi d'euro nel 2005. Nexans e' quotata alla Borsa di Parigi.