Mixed Shareholders’ Meeting held on May 15, 2014
Paris, May 15, 2014 – Nexans Mixed Shareholders’, held on May 15, 2014, approved all resolutions proposed to the shareholders by the Board of Directors. The detailed results of the vote will be available in the following days online on www.nexans.com/ag2014.
The shareholders approved resolutions related to the following subjects:
- The renewal of the term in office as member of the Board of Directors of Mrs. Veronique Guillot-Pelpel (independent Director) for a term of four years.
- Appointment of Mrs. Fanny Letier as member of the Board of Directors for a term of four years (candidate proposed by Bpifrance) and Mr. Philippe Joubert (independent Director).
- The renewal for eighteen months of the delegation granted to the Board of Director to implement the international employee saving policy as well as the long term incentive policy for the main executives of the Group, in accordance with the terms and limitations consistent with past practices.
- Amendment of article 21 of the articles of association excluding the double voting rights by way of derogation to article L. 225-123 of the Commercial Code adopted on March 29, 2014.
In addition, the shareholders approved the principle to launch in 2014 an employee-shareholder operation involving a capital increase reserved for Group employees, through the emission of a maximum of 400,000 new shares, which may be completed early 2015. This would be the sixth employee shareholder operation carried out by the Group at the international level. Employees may be given the opportunity to subscribe to a structured “leverage effect” formula, the same as the one proposed in 2010 and 2012, guaranteeing the amount invested by the employees. Subject to approval from the AMF (French market authority), the shares would be subscribed through a Corporate Trust Fund at a unit price including a 20% discount to the reference share price (unless local regulations require otherwise).
- July 25, 2014 : First half-year result 2014
I Vostri Contatti
Nexans brings energy to life through an extensive range of cables and cabling solutions that deliver increased performance for our customers worldwide. Nexans’ teams are committed to a partnership approach that supports customers in four main business areas: Power transmission and distribution (submarine and land), Energy resources (Oil & Gas, Mining and Renewables), Transportation (Road, Rail, Air, Sea) and Building (Commercial, Residential and Data Centers). Nexans’ strategy is founded on continuous innovation in products, solutions and services, employee development, customer training and the introduction of safe, low -environmental- impact industrial processes. In 2013, Nexans became the first cable player to create a Foundation to introduce sustained initiatives for access to energy for disadvantaged communities worldwide. We have an industrial presence in 40 countries and commercial activities worldwide, employing close to 26,000 people and generating sales in 2013 of nearly 6.7 billion euros. Nexans is listed on NYSE Euronext Paris, compartment A. For more information, please consult: