safe and reliable cable infrastructure from Nexans
Nexans produces a wide choice of power, signalling and telecommunications cables and components, specifically adapted to Urban Mass Transit infrastructures for subways, light rail, tramways and automated people movers.
- Medium and low-voltage power and feeder cables include vital accessories.
- In addition to signalling and control cables, Nexans also provides axle counter and latest-generation balise cables.
- For advanced telecommunications and train control, Nexans offers traditional communications, radiating and data cables and optical fiber/copper cables to support Metropolitan Area Networks (MANs) for Centralized Traffic Control.
- In public areas and tunnels, virtually all cables are Low Fire Hazard (LFH) cable, meaning that they are fireretardant, and assure low toxicity and minimal smoke to enhance survival, firefighting and emergency operations.
Nexans also advises operators about evolving specifications and standards, provides customized engineering, ensures local content and technology transfers, and has a long tradition of working with preferred suppliers and prime contractors on international Urban Mass Transit megaprojects. We are engaged in ongoing R&D to keep all products competitive, compatible and environmentally-friendly.
Nexans for safety, performance and comfort:
- All power, signalling and telecommunications cables and components
- Advanced characteristics, like EMC, fire-performance and waterproofing
- European-based expertise for metros and tramways worldwide
- Complete train control cabling for Communications-Based Train Control (CBTC)
- Custom engineering for country-specific and technological challenges (e.g. Maglev)
- Innovative cables and installation for trackside, tunnels and stations
- Open standards, interoperability and international delivery logistics
- Full support, from R&D and design to maintenance and training