Nexans offers a full range of copper LAN cables to ensure we can provide the solution most suited to your needs in any system configuration.
- All performance levels: Class D, E, Ea, F and Fa
- All types : Cat 3, Cat 5e, Cat 6, Cat 6a, Cat 7, Cat 7a & voice grade
- Available in single, dual, assembled or multipair version
- All construction types : U/UTP, F/UTP, SF/UTP, U/FTP, F/FTP and S/FTP
- All types of applications: Voice, VoIP, Ethernet, Fast Ethernet, Gigabit Ethernet, 10 Gigabit Ethernet, Multiple sharing applications…
- All types of jackets : PVC, LSZH…
- Others designs and jackets are possible on demand
Twisted pair cables are available unscreened or in various types of screened construction designed to maximise performance depending on the specific circumstances. Cable construction is defined by standardised terminology to indicate the type of screening on the overall cable and the individual cable pairs respectively. Where individual pairs are screened, these cables are sometimes described as PiMF (Pairs in Metal Foil).
Stranded and Solid
Both UTP and STP come in stranded and solid wire varieties. Solid conductors are usually used for cables which are permanently installed in horizontal or backbone applications as they provide lower attenuation. Stranded conductors are predominantly used for manufacturing patchcords or for transition points and zone cabling where the improved flexibility becomes more important.